- Sydney French Language Groups - also host to the Paris By Night events and French Choir in Sydney http://www.meetup.com/sydney-french
- Brisbane French Meet Up Group - http://french.meetup.com/cities/au/brisbane/
- Melbourne French Meet Up Group - http://french.meetup.com/cities/au/melbourne/
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Francophile Events in Australia
If you can’t get to Paris or France often enough, or fast enough, you can still immerse yourself in the magic we know as la vie francaise/French life - in Australia! Thanks to the various cultural events that are hosted around our major cities! Whether it’s the grandest event i.e watching a film or 2 at the Alliance Francaise French Film Festival right down to the ‘petite’ affairs i.e a humble yet deeply authentic local communities hosting say a Christmas fete, choir or French meet up groups.
So here are some of the upcoming events that we have stumbled across recently and that we’re really really excited about. Going forward we will blog more franco-fun events for all of you Francophiles to know about…
1. For Art Aficionados: The ART GALLERY OF NSW is exhibiting Masterpieces from the Musee National Picasso, Paris! In Sydney only from 12 November – 25 March 2012. Tickets are $25 for standard adult. Read more: http://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/picasso/
For a full experience, book your entry and High Tea at the Gallery package through ShowBiz. http://www.showbiz.com.au/picasso/tickets.html
2. If you’re a true Gourmand Francophile, then David Lebovitz needs no introduction. The king of pastry desserts in Paris is making his way to Sydney to take part in the CRAVE SYDNEY INTERNATIONAL FOOD FESTIVAL on Saturday October 1 for his session on 'Baking and Blogging' at 1.45pm!! www.cravesydney.com
3. L’Heure du The (French High Tea). A decadent High Tea on the 6th of November in Sydney thanks to our special friends at Le Style to raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Indulge in a day of French tea, patisseries, trends boutiques retail experience, French musique, a femme elegant ambience and lots more a la francaise. To find out more check www.lestyle.org Melbourne recently had its High Tea and here is what we can look forward to: http://cecylia.com/2011/09/lheure-du-the/
Petite Paris has joined with Le Style and we will be providing a door prize for one lucky winner to win 2 nights free B&B accomm in one of apartments in Paris. Plus a wine and cheese tasting and walking tour of Montmartre.
5. Paris to Provence French Festival. Three days (Friday 25 to Sunday 27 November) of nothing but pure Frenchy fun at the Como House & Garden in South Yarra. Celebrity Chefs, 70 French stalls, French pop up restaurant Caviar & Champagne bar, Book signings, Can-Can dancers, French wine, Cooking demo’s, Le Tour de France presentation, Organ Mimes, Christmas shopping, Parisienne backdrop, French accommodation information, petanque, French story time, High Tea Crepes, Cassoulet, Macarons. What greater French cultural indulgence could you ask for?! For more info: http://www.paristoprovence.com.au/2011_Paris_to_Provence/French_Festival.html
6. So Frenchy so Chic in the Park! Musique Francais. A one day celebration of new French music performed against the magical backdrop of Werribee Mansion. Courtesy of Cartell music – the Australian connection/website to the best music from France and the unofficial providor of the well known 'So Frenchy so Chic' soundtracks for the Alliance French Film Festivals in Australia.
Think of this event as a day in the French countryside – the wine is chilled; the crepes and macarons are perfectly Parisian; Best of all, the fine tunes floating through the summer air are from the best acts of the current French music scene. Join in for a picnic, a dance and a summer’s afternoon of joie de vivre. It’s the ultimate garden party with a soundtrack to match
So Frenchy so Chic is being held at Werribee Park, VIC on 15 January 2012.
Click here for the event info and link to purchase tickets: https://cartelldownload.com.au/EventTicket.aspx?eventTicketId=153908
Finally for more low key French Meet ups and events try these links:
Stay tuned as we post more French events as they become known to us. Including French Christmas Fetes soon.
Now go and be tres French!