Monday, March 12, 2012

Coffee Culture in Paris

Found!!... good coffee in Paris! Alleluia!

Our Friend Rachel Guernier from French Moments whispered the name 'Coutume' in my ear for 'good coffee' in Paris! This was just before I jetted of to Paris in December and needless to say, being a caffeine nut, I needed a coffee pretty soon after I landed. SO off I went in search of this 'Coutume' (meaning Costume) - and I wasnt holding my breath! Paris, notoriously know for having less than average coffee, had disappointed me on one too many occasion - so I wasnt expecting to actually find decent coffee, that I did!

All Paris needed it seems, was an Australian to step in to start a very belated education in GOOD coffee.  Rachel wrote an article in FrenchEntree Magazine on her great find. Read it here.  And below...check out the hip industrial 'Australian feel' cafe that is Coutume. Think Paris cafe turns coffee laboratory. Popular with tourists and locals! Located in the 7th, 47 Rue de Babylone. 

YUM!






3 comments:

  1. Hi, I shall have to try it out! But I'm not sure that "Coutume" means "costume", but rather "custom", "habit" or "tradition". "Déguisement" is used for "costume".

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops i think that's what i meant - custom! :) let me know what you think of the coffee :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for this! I'll be heading to Paris in August and I am forever in need of a good coffee.

    ReplyDelete