'Monthly Paris Tips'
10 reasons to visit Paris in Winter (1. 'It's most BEAUTIFUL')
2. What's more romantic than snow, scarves and faux-furry jackets in warm wood fired bistros, those heated outdoor cafes, or stepping out from a museum into falling snowflakes?! Our cult classic cafe picks are these:
Café Les deux Magots MAP - or Brasserie Lipp across the rue.
Laduree @ Rue Bonapartre MAP
(need we say more? Just add hot chocolate and pastries)
Café de Flore MAP
Large windows make for perfect indoor spot watching outdoor
And off the beaten track:
Le Cafe Livres MAP
Floor to ceiling books, free to read, lounges and endless cups
Le Valentin MAP
Inside 'Passage Jouffroy' is this tea-lovers haven. Upstairs is best.
3. GREAT B&B discounts in the Winter season.
Note our annual: Petite Paris Sale Nov - March
To see all our B&BS and apartment on SALE CLICK HERE
B&B368 Near Madeleine 2eme - click HERE
4. Cheaper airfares. Return airfare with Qatar from $1100 in January and February. www.qatar.com & check www.farecompare.com
5. Christmas is magnificent and gorgeous. The city lights up even more as Christmas and Winter brings a surreal magic to the city. It's the season for walking the streets while sipping Vin Chaud (hot wine) and being dazzled.
To find out what to see and Do at Christmas
Buy our 'Christmas in Paris' eBook
for only $3.99 HERE
(preview the first pages before purchasing)
Inside find out where all the festivites are, Christmas markets, beautiful light displays, ice skating, recitals, gourmet walking tour, where to dine on Christmas day and more...
Favourite spots to enjoy Christmas markets and street cheer is Montmartre - get off at Abbesses Metro and make your way up to the famous Place du Tertre and the Sacre Coeur Basilica MAP
6. Shorter museum lines and metro lines/crowds – no elbow nudging, shoulder rubbing, sweaty crowded madness.
7. Catch stellar shows with amazing seats at the Opera or Ballet. www.operadeparis.fr. Best seats at restaurants too - no booking.
Swan Lake running this December 2016 at Opera Bastille. Tickets from as low as 5euro!!!!! Click here
8. Parisians agree Winter cuisine is better - but who wants to eat cassoulet or beef bourguignon when the temperature is soaring?
La Fontaine du Mars - best Cassoulet and Beef Bourguignon!
7eme - 129 rue Saint Dominique 75007 - MAP
Open 12-3pm and 7.30-11pm
9. The second week of January starts the SOLDES/sales lasting five weeks. By February you can score soaring bargains - up to 90% off designer stores, local boutiques and department stores.
10. FEEL LESS LIKE A TOURIST!!
Dress for the weather: Bring a lined raincoat or heavy coat, waterproof shoes, warm socks, a hat, gloves, a scarf and pack layers. A thermal undershirt takes up very little luggage room and will come in handy. If it’s sunny and chairs are cascading the sidewalk, you’ll be surrounded by locals, and gas heaters.