Crepe Rule: Take away crepe stands are best!
Nothing more than streets window opening directly into the kitchen of a restaurant, watch the dextrous way crepes are made paper-thin, swiftly folded & wrapped and enjoy a variety of savory and sweet treats. Cheaper than eating in, 1-2 ingredient dessert crepe €3-3.50, savory crepe €4-5.
Carousel Rule: Not useless rides that empty your pockets of loose change, but beautiful pieces of art. People who say money can’t buy happiness are wrong, because it can, in Paris at least: 2,50€ for a three minute ride on a wooden horse. At night especially beautiful!
1. Au Petit Grec: Latin Quarter by Pantheon (66 rue Mouffetard MAP) They heap ingredients onto a variety of crepes, including seasonal ones.
Nearby CAROUSEL @ Jardin du Luxembourg - MAP
The green-roofed carousel in the Luxembourg is the oldest in Paris, dating back 1879. The weather-worn animals ridden over centuries were sketched by Charles Garnier, architect of the Paris Opera
2. Princess Crepes (3 rue des Ecouffes MAP). Crepes with a Japanese twist. Eyes peeled for a storefront resembling a geisha’s dollhouse topped with whipped cream. You won’t break the bank while indulging here.
Nearby CAROUSEL: @ Hotel de Ville - MAP
3. Au Pichet du Tertre (10 rue Norvins- MAP) In Montmartre near Place du Tertre, serving crepes folded in a rectangular not triangles.
Nearby CAROUSEL: @ Montmartre Sacre Coeur - MAP
Creperie Bouchon in Montmartre - MAP
(image above in red)
Nearby CAROUSEL @ Jardin Des Plantes MAP
The Dodo Manège is young (1992) but adopts a 1930s style and interesting theme. Children can ride extinct animals or those on the verge
5. Creperie Henri: 75 Blv Montparnasse MAP. Decadent favorites: nutella/banana combo, 'Chantilly Maison' or the 'house whipped cream'. Crêperie Henri is particularly delicious with a second late-night stand
Nearby CAROUSEL: Luxembourg (see above)
6. For a Park Carousel with a side of Crepes head to Square Batignolles MAP and the Chatelet Batignolles Creperie stand in the beautiful tranquil square selling delicious dessert crepes. The Carousel made of Disney characters.
@ Eiffel Carousel
@ Jardin Tuileries Carousel
Museum of anything carnival-related. 14 antique carousels including Velocipéde, a bicycle merry-go-round you have to pedal to get going.