Wednesday, August 7, 2013
10 ZEN things to do in PARIS!!!
1. Drink hot mint tea in the tearoom at Mosque de Paris (2 euros). and the delicious pastry and cake specialties. 39 rue St-Hilaire 75005. Or visit the tranquil Mosque itself. 2 bis place du puits de l’Emite, 75005
2. Enjoy the steam room or a massage at the Mosque’s Hammam. Try the ‘Grommage’ - a body scrub, 30 minute massage, soft soap and a mint tea 58euro. 39 rue Geoffrey Saint-Hilaire, 75005.
3. Visit Sadaharu Aoki, the Japanese chocolate master incorporating flavors like ganache of matcha tea and wasabi into his chocolate. 56 Boulevard de Port Royal 75005
4. Get tickets to a church concert such as a piano soloist at St Julien de Pauvre or Vivaldi at Ste Chapelle or La Madeline. Free organ recitals at Ste. Eustache church at 5:30pm Sundays at Rue du Jour 75001.
5. Brunch or dine at Pershing Hall Restaurant with its famous floor to ceiling 4-storey green live wall plant. 49 Rue Pierre Charron 75008.
6. See the famous ‘Lady and the Unicorn’ tapestries preserved and displayed in darkness, representing the 5 senses; touch, sound, smell, sight and desire. At Museum Moyen Age.
6 Place Paul Painlevé 75005.
7. A guided walking tour of Rue Montorgueil for a gastronomic food tasting you’ll never forget. Rue Montorgueil map
8. A peaceful stroll along Canal St. Martin on Sunday when the road is closed to cars. Start from Metro Republique. map.
9. Visit one of only two organic markets in Paris, Le Marche Raspail, on Sundays from 8.30 – 2.30pm.
Blvd. Raspail between rue de Cherche Midi and rue de Rennes 75006. Métro: Rennes.
These are real homes of real Parisians offering you a tranquil oasis to rejuvenate in between sightseeing and an intimate and authentic experience of real life in Paris.
(Clicks images below to view the stunning garden B&B213 on the Petite Paris website - i't only 110euro per night for 2 guests including breakfast - and just one of many tranquil leafy abode's )
View ALL Garden and terrace homes HERE